CAN YOU ANSWER THIS? ANSWERS - JANUARY 2004
- Why is the spacecraft solar panel hinged and in two parts?
- If we need as heavy an impactor as possible to make a crater in a comet, why did we recently need to remove some weight from the impactor?
- What is the orbital period for our target Comet Tempel 1?
- Between the impactor and the flyby spacecraft, how many instruments will take visual images?
- How did the mission get the name Deep Impact?
- How large do we think Comet Tempel 1 is?
- What is a Whipple Shield and what does it do?
- Where is the spacecraft being built?
- What is a Discovery Mission?
Can You Answer This? - Archive