The following is a list of the 13 people who constitute the Deep Impact science team and their associated institutions. Click on a name to learn more about their specific role in the mission. Not listed are the multitudes of associated scientists, post-docs, graduate and undergraduate students working with each science team member.
- Michael F. A'Hearn, University of Maryland
- Michael J. S. Belton, Belton Space Exploration Initiatives, LLC.
- Alan Delamere, Delamere Support Services, Boulder, CO
- Jochen Kissel, Max-Planck-Institut für Aeronomie
- Kenneth P. Klaasen, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Lucy McFadden, University of Maryland
- Karen J. Meech, University of Hawaii
- H. Jay Melosh, University of Arizona
- Peter H. Schultz, Brown University
- Jessica M. Sunshine, Science Applications International Corporation
- Peter C. Thomas, Cornell University
- Joseph Veverka, Cornell University
- Donald K. Yeomans, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Learn more about other mission team members.